9 Easy Tips for Saving Money on Your Energy Bills
The average U.S. household paid $2,300 in energy costs last year with heating making up nearly half the bill for homes in the Washington area. Try these easy 9 easy tips for saving money on your energy bills – all compliments of Megan Voelkel at the Washington Post:
- Adjust temperatures
- Replace or clean furnace filters
- Pay attention to your windows
- Use CFL’s – these take some getting used to but they are well worth it.
- Follow the Energy Star
- Insulate, insulate, insulate
- Get rid of drafts
- Take advantage of tax credits
- Stop wasting energy
For more about each of these tips, click here.