Twelve Northern Virginia Restaurants Take Top Honors from Washington Post Critic Tom Sietsman
Twelve Northern Virginia restaurants have taken top honors on this year’s Washington Post list of best restaurants.
Noted by restaurant critic Tom Sietsman are:
- Artie’s – traditional American cuisine**
- Banian – Afghan**
- Bistro L’Hermitage – French***
- Eventide – Contemporary American***
- Four Sisters – Vietnamese***
- Han Gang – Korean***
- Inn at Little Washington – Contemporary American****
- Present – Vietnamese***
- Ray’s the Steaks – Steak***
- Restaurant Eve’s Tasting Room – Contemporary American****
- Trummer’s on Main – Contemporary American
- 2941 – Contemporary American****
Using one to four stars, this is Sietseman’s rating system:
*Satisfactory – restaurants that are useful to know about if you are nearby; they may have only a few dishes or a single quality, such as a view or atmosphere, to distinguish them.
**Good – restaurants with generally appealing cooking, service and settings, they tend to be worth driving across town for.
***Excellent – rewarding destinations, no matter where you’re coming from; they typically blend high-quality cooking with the environs.
****Superlative – an unsurpassed dining experience ; these restaurants do what they do extraordinarily well.
Look’s like we have some new places to try –